David is a former World Champion and World Cup Champion and is a five time Olympian in the sport of Whitewater Slalom Kayaking. In 2003 he was voted Canada's Male Athlete of the year.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Car Accident

Our first day on the course went by fairly well with the time spent acclimatizing to the river and the conditions. With the course only being on from 12pm to 5pm, the time between sessions is not ideal.

 

The excitement of the day came after dinner when on the way home we were hit by a driver who didn’t see us, wrecking both cars and shaking up everyone involved. The Toyota Prius we were driving did not deploy the air bags which is a little bit scary but thankfully everyone is okay if quite sore. I was in the back seat and didn’t actually see it coming and was lucky to be leaning to the side so I did not hit my head, Jim was not so lucky and took a pretty solid nock. I am curious to see how my body feels in the morning.

 

No comments: