David is a former World Champion and World Cup Champion and is a five time Olympian in the sport of Whitewater Slalom Kayaking. In 2003 he was voted Canada's Male Athlete of the year.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Race 1

Last night was race one of the double header and it was held under the lights. The spectators were treated to fires lit on the river bank and John Hastings rocking the PA, it was a great atmosphere.

The first run was tough for me, I had some trouble adjusting to the lighting and my depth perception was a little out of whack. My second run was much better and I was able to move into second place. It was a surprisingly international field with paddlers from Canada, USA, Ireland, Great Britain, Chile etc.

Today is race number two and I am looking forward to some natural lighting.

No comments: