David is a former World Champion and World Cup Champion and is a five time Olympian in the sport of Whitewater Slalom Kayaking. In 2003 he was voted Canada's Male Athlete of the year.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Three weeks done, six to go.



The first three weeks of training here in Australia are in the log book and banked away. The weather has been very good for training and most sessions have seen no fewer than four past and current K1 World Champions on the course. This kind of fantastic technical training that comes with the Olympic course here coupled with the hard physical work makes for productive early season work. Something that I hope will pay dividends later in the season.


A big thanks to my Australian family the Buckleys, they have made me feel right at home as usual and settling into the routine of training has been very easy.

I am also happy to report that Kelly's recent surgery was a great success and she is already spinning on the bike. It is never a great option to have a surgery like this but the long term benefits will make this a great step forward.

As for me, I have been working extremely hard down here, trying to use this time to get in as much volume as possible before the hoards arrive in February. Attached is some video from the last session from this past week, I was a little tired from all of the volume but still having lots of fun out on the course.

One more week of heavy volume and then it will be time to switch gears with the arrival of the rest of the Canadian Team and the start of the race season.

As Kelly likes to say, bring it!

Don't forget to check out my blog on my new website, www.davidford.ca

No comments: